I am slowly through many injuries learning that if my legs, knees and hip-flexors are trying to hint at something, I should listen.B After running 38 miles in three days; the equivalent of what I used to run in a week, my hips, legs, and knees were tired.B They wanted a break and although my energy was great, I knew I needed to take it out on something else.B When lunch time game, I had a game plan:
I picked things up and put them down for about 25 minutes
And I did 25 minutes of elliptical in between weights, 12.5min to warm up, 12.5min in between my final weight set.
And all while wearing my super-cute Waldo T-Shirt.B Is anyone really too old to buy silly low quality $5 t-shirts?
After work I went to my semi annual Bikram Yoga.
Bikram is usually done in a room that is heated at a minimum 105F degrees and about 40% humidity.
The room is kept at this temperature or more for the following:
- Keeping the body from overheating (contrary to popular misconception)
- Protecting the muscles to allow for deeper stretching
- Detoxing the body (open pores to let toxins out)
- Thinning the blood to clear the circulatory system
- Increasing heart rate for better cardiovascular workout
- Improving strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state for reorganization
- Reorganize the lipids (fat) in the muscular structure
Its always the same 26 poses so it appeals to my depending and predictable character I seek at times in a workout:
and although I find myself more in this position
And while I am a clumsy, inflexible, uncoordinated and rarely know what I’m doing
I always try my best and come out feeling great.B Unlike Vinyasa Yoga, I feel more awake, and my muscles feel like they got the love, care and stretch they needed to come back the next day with a stronger run =)