Today’s run 14.1 Miles – 130 Minutes – 2 Incline – Boring treadmill
How do I keep myself motivated?
- I remind myself how scary and cold the streets of Boston are for a 5ft tall girl and I’m just not into the whole running group thing on weeknights.
- Plus, I want to wrap things up faster, so I can head home faster.
- So I listen to podcasts.B This American Life kept me cozy for the first 7 miles, I finished 10 miles in 92 minutes with Planet Money for 3 more miles.
- My last 4 miles I must admit were a struggle, I was tired of podcasts, I was sick of my music, Pandora wasn’t distracting me, but I stuck with it.
- I told myself, you can either run these next 4 miles or walk them, but running will get you home to dinner a bit fast.B So I did both to an average pace of 10.5 min miles.B Not my target but I got it done with!
Post running snack and post dinner dessert is my new addiction Nature’s Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola.
I’ve been popping it all week like candy.B Which is not the worst thing in the worldB compared to the white chocolate bits I was munching last week.B Costco had a double box set on sale for like 5 bucks.B So if its on sale near you and you have a membership, go get some! For two little people, Tony and I eat the equivalent of a 4 person family.
Do you listen to podcasts?B What are your favorites?
Do you ever shop in big wholesale stores like Costco?B Which ones? What do you get there?
I load up on household things on sale such as papertowels, TP, Lysol wipes.B The giant salsa jar is a weekly staple in our household.B They’re grapevine tomatoes. The frozen veggies.B I’m currently into the stir fry mix.B Frozen seafood like their cooked and peeled shrimp.B I don’t have enough room in my fridge/freezer so I have to alternate with my purchase decisions between the weeks. B Plus I get to try new samples each time I go.B Everyone loves a costco lunch date!B Okay, maybe just me.B I guess I’m a cheap date.