How to make an easy spinach pizza…
Pizza… how can you not love it? Melted cheese. tomato sauce and fresh dough. I won’t lie to you, the pizza you order down the street from your favorite joint is not exactly world’s most healthiest eat (even if you add vegetables to it). However, the great part about homemade pizza is that you’re in control. You get to decide how health or unhealthy you want to be.
It also looks very intimidating but is actually really easy to make. It has to be if I’m able to do it, I’m not exactly Martha Stuart in the kitchen. Here’s how Tony and I made this guy one lazy night.
1 Dough ball
1 Large can of crushed tomatoes
2 Cups of Spinach
Slices of fresh mozzarella
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Basil, Parsley
1. You could make your own dough but we’re lazy so we buy it from one of our better local pizza shops. Spread it out on a pizza pan or a baking tray if that’s all you have.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While you wait, start your pizza sauce by simmering a large can of crushed red tomatoes with your favorite herbs, pepper and salt. We use lots of oregano with a touch of basil and parsley.
2. Once your oven is at 400, place the dough in the oven for 4 minutes at 400 degrees. This will allow your dough to start cooking and prevent overcooking your toppings
3. Take out you dough from the oven and change the oven temp to 450. Add your toppings, we used extra sauce (about 3/4ths of sauce we made), add slices of fresh mozzarella add a little bit of shredded mozzarella and spinach to taste.
4. Put back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. And bam your pizza is all set and ready.
I went a little crazy with extra sauce but it was soo good. And yes, wine is always acceptable with pizza.
What’s your favorite type of pizza?