And I got nothing exciting to report.
Today’s Run – 10 Miles 85 minutes
I’m skipping my weekly recap because my running last week looked like this::
Yup before 2012 could wrap up I was smacked with a nasty sinus cold that kept me sleeping 16 out of 24 hours while the other 8 were a daze watching Dr. Who and wondering why my cat will be a pillow but won’t cuddle.
However with enough bourbon and sinus cold medicine I ventured outside to celebrate the end and start of an annual in style.
Thanks to our friend’s invite, we drove around Boston in a limo with Dave the man our limo driver.
And of course New Year’s is not complete without Chinese food… or kinda Chinese food at PF Changs.
Yup, you know I’m on a lot of cough medicine when I am too delirious to take photos of my food. Instead I bless you with this lovely photo of Tony and all my hair in its glory state.
Medicine I was told
And of course no New Year’s Eve celebration is complete with a silly hat or 10.
I would love to say that I made the most of my day off on January 1st, 2013 but instead I slept from 2AM to 5PM and back to bed at 10PM! I started the year with a record sleep session I can be proud of for months to come. Hopefully I’ll get some long runs this weekend to make up for the sorry waste I made over the holidays.
Other exciting things to report
1. I tried this awesome pulled pork recipe in my slow cooker and while the smell of meat and root beer wasn’t pleasant, if you remove all the liquid and add a small amount of BBQ sauce it tastes amazing.
2. Tony and I signed up for a few races in 2013
- Annual Derry Boston Prep 16 Miler – Derry, NH Jan 27th 2013 (This also means I got Tony 3 miles closer to a marathon bwahaha)
- 15K Great Stew Chase – Lynn, MA Feb 3, 2013
- Hyannis Marathon – Feb 24th 2013
- TARC Spring Thaw 6 Hour – March 24, 2013 I have a goal of 30 + mile but we’ll see how weather and trail will go
- Cox Marathon – May 12, 2013
How did you welcome in 2013?
Have you got any races planned for 2013?