As anyone with a sore back from shoveling knows, we got some snow this weekend. 30 inches or more. Clearly, a 20 miler our in the trails or roads was out of the question. 20 miles on a treadmill? No thanks, I love running but I rather enjoy the outside world on my days off. Here’s some things we did this weekend!
1. Snowshoeing! The woods are beautiful, peaceful and calm. I may not be able to run through them, but taking a walk was beautiful. We got to watch the sunset a bit too.
Only lesson: Don’t wear jeggings on a snowshoe walk. I kicked a lot of snow as I walked and by the end of it I’m pretty sure the back of my legs were frozen solid.
2. Build a snowman! The snow we got was dry and heavy and it took a while to build, but where there’s a will there’s a way for my roommate!
3. Take your cat out for multiple walks in the snow.
4. Bake your little heart out. Hey, shoveling burns a lot of calories! Even if it’s other people who are doing it. I can eat for them too. Plus it counts as healthy if you add protein to it!
5. Homemade pizza! I used this recipe only with more toppings. Frozen broccoli cauliflower mix, fresh green peppers, onions & sausage!
Pizza looked a lot more cooked after we actually you know baked it but Tony tore into it before I got to take another pretty picture!
Did you get lots of snow this weekend?
What did you do? We had a state ban on driving on Friday-Saturday and got to spend a lot of time close to home which was nice.