A few months ago, I got to work with Designer Whey to try out a few of their products. Well thanks to my relationship with Fitfluential, I get to try more of Designer Whey goodness. This time it’s their newest protein blend called Sustained Energy™.
Key features of the Sustained Energy™ line include:
- Formulated with Endurance Blend™ : Designed to give you balanced, stimulant-free, sustained energy through a premium protein blend of fast-absorbing whey protein and slower absorbing soy & casein proteins.
- 16g of Protein: 32% Daily Value per serving.
- 5g of Fiber: To help control hunger.
- Packed with 19 Vitamins and Minerals: Including B-vitamins to help convert protein, carbohydrates, and fats into energy; vitamins A, C, & E for fast workout recovery; and, calcium and vitamin D to maintain strong bones.
- 100 calories per serving: Naturally flavored and just 1g of sugar.
Now to be honest, I don’t use protein powder everyday, but I do use it after hard workouts. What’s a hard workout for me? Either a speed workout, a long run, or something I don’t normally do like hiking up mountains. I want my muscles to rebuild and recover as fast as possible so I could resume my normal running activity.
The new Designer Whey Sustained Energy™ is made with soy protein and is loaded with other vitamins and minerals.
And because the folks at Designer Whey are so awesome, they want not one but SIX Run To Munch readers to try their product. Details will be at the end of the post but first I wanted to share 5 of my favorite protein smoothie combos. I used 6 oz of a liquid and 1 scoop of protein powder and the rest of the ingredients I usually play around with depending on my mood.
DESIGNER WHEY VANILLA BEAN + SPINACH + FROZEN MANGOES + UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
DESIGNER WHEY VANILLA BEAN + STRAWBERRIES + WATER + KALE
DESIGNER WHEY VANILLA BEAN + ORANGE JUICE + GREEN APPLE
DESIGNER WHEY CHOCOLATE + BANANA + WATER
DESIGNER WHEY CHOCOLATE + COFFEE + ICE CUBES + ALMOND MILK
Now the giveaway will run from Tuesday through Friday at midnight at which point I’ll select 6 random winters. To enter you must answer which Designer Whey Sustained Energy blend you would like to try. I would also love to hear what your favorite smoothie combo is but that is not required.
Disclaimer – I was provided free product and no other compensation in exchange for a post. All opinions for better or worse are entirely my own!