So yes, this is pretty last minute, but I keep getting the question, so I figured I would share what I have advised. Also, I’m sure many like myself are probably doing 75% of their shopping the week of Christmas because they spent all the time leading up to it shopping for themselves. Or maybe it’s just me. It’s just so much easier! I tried to keep these gifts under $20 or so because lets face it, we’re all on a budget and if we want to splurge just buy more things!
As always, I fully support shopping at your local store for all these, but I’m using Amazon links to keep it easy and these are in no particular order
10. A running log – The Complete Runner’s Day-by-Day Log 2015 Calendar is my favorite as most road runners love their numbers, their tracking, and while I am very electronic, there’s always something nice about a handwritten log when you’re training for specific races. $9.48
9. Socks... seriously, they will never get old, and you can’t ever have too many. Every year I get a new favorite brand and the WrightSock Women’s Coolmesh II Lo is currently mine. They usually range $11-13 per pair. At the time I am writing this Amazon says they are $9 for 2 pack of Neon Yellow which is a great price or a glitch in the system.
8. The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances – We all love the Oatmeal, because how could you not love internet comics about cats and running. $10.74
7. A Cookbook – Most runners love eating and with that cooking eventually is required. The SkinnyTaste Cookbook is one of my favorites that came out this year. $17.55
6. Fuel – Every runner has their favorite type of fuel they use. Just sneak in a conversation about what works for them and they’ll give it away without a second thought. If not get them a sample of different types. They will probably run $1.50 to $3 each.
5. A race entry – Of course the price will vary based on event and this can get a little risky so I would either confirm the race with the runner first, or make your own type of this card is good for one race of your picking. Runners love races. All distance. A 5k will run you about $15-$35.
4. Body Back Company Foot Roller Large and Porcupine Massage Ball – A friend gave me one of these balls for my first marathon and I pretty much don’t leave for a runcation without it now. Feels great after a long day of sightseeing too. $9.95
3. RoadID – I think every runner should have one of these. I’m sometimes forget to wear mine, but I try to take it on every run with me cause god forbid you know.
2. Running Ornament – Cause tis the season you know.
1. Salt Tab Electrolytes – A little similar to fuel but usually used in addition. Your local running store or even REI will sell smaller packs. The one on amazon is 100 count and lasts for well over a year for me personally but I’m sure others runners use less or more.
If you’re looking for more suggestions, check out my list from last year. It has some repeats but includes a few more ideas. All are under $20 as well.
Share your suggestions if I missed anything good. What’s on your wish list?