Ahh a new year, as everyone is stumping on the graves of their New Year’s resolution, I decided to make take another approach.
Instead of just listing things I wish I would do for the next or current year, I decided to add one course of action that will help said goal. So here goes:
1. Eat Less Processed Food – I’ve become too dependent on food trucks and frozen meals for lunches,
- Make at least two home meals a week that I can use for leftovers. Hey, everyone starts somewhere
2. Break 1:30 in a half marathon –
- Tempo Runs at least once a week at 7 minute pace working up to 10 miles
3. Get three new states for 50 States marathon collection
- I got Fargo already planned for ND, contemplating Chicago for IL and one more to complete
4. Add strength to my workout
- Attend a tabata or strength class once a week at HW
5. Break 20 minutes in a 5K
- I’m hoping the half marathon tempo runs will assists in a measly 3.1 mile run
So 2015… I decided that instead of looking to break new distances like I have in the past, I want to focus on being injured free, and gaining speed. I’m too young to plateau yet!
What are you 2015 goals and how do you plan on achieving them?