To be honest, mother’s day always kind of sneaks up on me. I get lost in the busyness of tax season followed by the Boston Marathon and other post 4/15 Spring races. I know I’m selfish, but before I know it, I’m rushing around for a gift for my wonderful mother! Then comes my gift giving anxiety. I put a lot of pressure on myself because I always want the receiver to love my gift, or at least find it useful. Since I can’t always read minds, I try to think about what I would want. Luckily, since I am my mother’s child, I can rely on the fact that many things that make me happy, will make her happy.
Five Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Skin Care Face and Body Brush System by ToiletTree Products $39.99
Between the never-ending winter, the dryness of the heat, and the sweat that’s constantly on my face when I’m running, my skin could use some love. I was incredibly lucky with my skin as a teenager, but the latter years have not been as kind to me. While I was looking into an exfoliation system, the folks at ToiletTree offered to let me try theirs out in exchange for my opinion.
The system comes with pulsing device, the waterproof strap, two AA batteries, a body brush, a foot scrubbing brush, a soft brush and a medium brush. You get to pick from an assortment of colors to match whatever you feel. My bathroom and sonic care is blue, so blue I picked.
What I’m loving
- Comfortable ergonomic handle
- How the brushes exfoliates, cleanses and softens my skin
- Interchangeable and waterproof brush system that can be used on my face, feet and things in between
- Stimulates skin renewal and removes dead skin cells
- Improves overall skin clarity and appearance
- Cleans deep to remove make-up, sunblock and other pore clogging ick
- Way friendlier on my wallet than other similar systems
What I’m not digging
- The double A batteries. Although mine haven’t died yet, replacing them will probably get annoying
- There is only 1 speed available
- There is no holder. I actually have no idea how to store in so I just hold it in the plastic it came from. It does come with a strap, but I don’t think I want to hang it in my shower. I wish it had something to hold it and charge like the sonic care toothbrush system. My toothbrush charging section would love a new neighbor.
For my face I’ve been using the soft brush since the medium is too rough for me. I tend to get a little pink but it fades away after a few minutes. I know facial close-ups are not pretty so I’ll end it at this one.
Overall I’m loving the ToiletTree Skin scrub system. I’ve been scrubbing away at my feet all weekend, but I’ll spare you those photos since after a marathon, a 50K and a 5K in the span of 7 days… my feet are not ready for a model shoot.
To learn more about the skin care brush system and other products visit their website or other social media sites:
And because I’m loving my brush system so much, I get to give one away to one of my readers at the end of the post!
Furminator! Various price, ours was $20 Every pet owner should have this. We recently got it for our cats and they have a dog version as well. The cats are happy and I am happy because my carpets stay fur free for 3 days instead of 3 hours now.
Beauty date Various price– Everyone loves getting their nails done.
Cuisinart 3 in 1 Cooker $107.49– I know everyone and their mother owns a slow-cooker, but mine doesn’t. I’m kinda even drooling over the awesome steaming function.
Le Creuset Dutch Oven $279.95 – I know for a girl who doesn’t cook, I’m listing quite a few kitchen items, but these are my staples. It’s a little pricey, but ever since I got one, I barely use any other pot.
What would you like to get for Mothers day? (Even if you’re not a mother) I already have everything I listed above, but beauty date would be accepted. My nails really need some loving, and maybe a trip to Iceland 😉
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer – The Amazon links are affiliate links. I also received the skin care face and body brush system for free, in exchange for my thoughts. As always all opinions for better or worse are my own.